Hello Respected Researchers and HR managers, In this section we will discuss about “Steps of Negotiation Process“. It is very much important for a Researcher as well as HR Concern person/ manager to know the Steps of Negotiation Process. If researcher or HR Manager could follow the Points accordingly,it would easier to reach the goal. Let’s have a look…
⇒ The Negotiation Process is made up of five steps:
- Preparation and planning: Before starting negotiation, one needs to find out the parties involved in negotiation & goals of the negotiation.
- Definition of ground rules: After completion of planning and developed a strategy, the ground rules and procedures with the other party over the negotiation itself should be defined.
- Clarification & justification: When initial positions have been exchanged, both the party will explain, amplify, clarify, bolster (to hold up) and justify each other’s original demands. It is an opportunity for educating and informing each other or the issues, why they are important and how each arrived at their initial demands.
- Bargaining & problem solving: The essence of the negotiation process is the actual give and take in trying to hash out an agreement. Concessions will undoubtedly need to be made by both parties.
- Closure & implementation: The final step in the negotiation process is formalizing the agreement that has been worked out and developing any procedures that are necessary for implementation and monitoring (handshake).
There may be some more documents on Steps of Negotiation Process, this article is written by taking the help from Internet and other resources like Books, journals etc.